Elected Chapter Officers
The ACF Flint-Saginaw Valley Chapter is a culinary association of professional chefs, cooks, bakers, and other culinary professionals engaged in the planning, preparation, service and supervision of foods, pastries and beverages, in commercial kitchens, hotels, clubs, restaurants, institutions, schools, as well as serving as culinary research and development consultants, experimental chefs, food service directors and culinary educators.
THE ONGOING PURPOSE OF THE ACF FLINT-SAGINAW VALLEY CHAPTER IS:
- To promote the culinary profession to the food industry, general public and government agencies; and to promote and acknowledge professionalism in all Culinarians.
- To develop an educational program, through the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute and other organizations, to improve the culinary knowledge of each of our members.
- To promote fellowship in the culinary community in our area and to encourage a cooperative effort in the food service industry.
- To encourage and assist our members and members of the culinary profession in our area to get certified and to maintain their certification, and to promote the certification program in our area.
- To develop apprenticeship programs, and to support post secondary culinary education programs, through the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute, to insure the apprentices and students are adequately trained for the industry.
- To inform its members of government regulations that effect the culinary profession and to provide a professional information service to the government.
- To promote healthy, sanitary and quality food production to the food industry and the general public.